Innovative(E+) Ideas – The site will contain 4 energy positive residential housing units, that will later become two family wood frame prototypes for future green homes in the area.These homes are designed to be energy and cost efficient, using the most current technology, while still being mindful of the neighborhood context.
Development + Architecture: GFC Development
Financial Investment + Development Consulting:
Architect: Leupold Brown Goldbach Architects & Scott Payette Architects
Sustainable Design Consultant: The Green Engineer
Landscape Architecture: Studio 2112 Landscape Architecture
- 7,907 sqft Residential
- 4 units
- 3 Market rate Units & 1 Deed Restricted Affordable unit at 80% AMI
- 4 residential parking spaces
In order to achieve the E+ goals as well as the design requirements, it was necessary to maximize the density, while still allowing for an open floor plan. The stacked duplex units allow for the higher density while being mindful of building density and height of the surrounding buildings.
The Lower levels are both, three bedroom, 2.5 bathrooms with a garden terrace. Above the two units have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as well as a private roof terrace. The design also allows for a combination of private, semiprivate, and public spaces that allow access to the street, and connection to neighbors.
- Energy Positive Homes
- Highly insulated tight building envelope that uses innovative materials like insulated Concrete foundations, (R-40), structural insulated panels (R-50) and triple glazed windows (R-5)
- Energy Star Appliances
- photovoltaic Solar panel array will supply 100% of the energy use
- Building envelope HERS rating of 38
- HERS rating with photovoltaic on lower units – 22
- HERS rating with photovoltaic on upper units – 19
Pts. above Platinum: 10